.

Thursday, January 17, 2019

How I became a Nurse Essay

invite you ever thought well-nigh suitable a nurse? ontogenesis up, becoming a nurse had never crossed my mind. I didnt grow up around any angiotensin-converting enzyme who worked in the nursing field nor was I used to organism in and out of hospitals whether it be for me or because of family. Although I wasnt around more nurses or had much experience, I knew at one time or a nonher I would be a huge single out in changing the lives of others. Even though I havent always wanted to be a nurse, share others has definitely been a huge priority in my life. It never occurred to me that being a nurse would give me the opportunity to jock others until the end of my sophomore year in advanced take. That is when I decided a career in nursing would be perfect for me. Throughout my first devil years of high school, I took socio-economic class after class nearly where I was red ink to attend college and what my major would be. In the beginning I thought my last was made and I kne w exactly what my plan was going to be. I was going to be a Cosmetologist.From the time I was small(a)ish I was always playing with hair and I just knew that was what I would do as a career one day. However, it seemed that God had a different plan for me. At my high school students were given the quality to shrink 2 electives. Whether it was choir, art, parenting, band, or a foreign language the last was finally up to the student. My sophomore year I decided to take the parenting class as one of my electives. This class was the type that students assumed would be an easy grade and would not be a top priority. itty-bitty did I know this course would be the one to finalize my decision about life after high school and have a massive impact on my life. Throughout the class I watched many videos and had to complete redacts on what it is like to be expectant and all the things that come on with having a child. I will never for stimulate the final project that was assigned to the class. Each student in the class was assigned a computerized indulge to care for over the course of a weekend. We had to watch this mishandle and care for it as if it were our precise(prenominal) own.There were a variety of keys that came with the scotch and each one had a reason as to why the baby might be telephoneing. So, as the parent of this baby, when he or she started to cry we had to determine whether it was hungry, needed a diaper change, burped etcetera. This was an extremely difficult weekend for me, but even after all of the crying and staying up all night, I enjoyed the project. In addition to caring for the computerized baby, we had to wear a big(predicate) belly suit for a day. This belly suit was designed to help students experience the feeling of a full term pregnancy. While eating away this suit I experienced a few things that an actual pregnant woman would feel. There was a 30 pound weight gain, fetal movements, shortness of breath, bladder pressure and frequency of urination. Even though I only had to wear the belly suit for a day, I mat that it was a really good experience and I was able to get an understanding of what it is like to be pregnant. Both of these projects taught me a lot about caring for an infant and the importance of good parenting skills.I was also intrigued by the medical aspects of labor and pitching and I began to think of the possibility of becoming a nurse. Throughout the many weeks of this class I had numerous dialog with my friends and family and by the end of the course I knew my career path had changed. I wanted to be a nurse. During my re chief(prenominal)ing time in high school I began to focus more on classes that would be an summation to furthering my education in the healthcare field. My guidance counselor also worked close with me to explore all my options in the nursing field. After much thought, I made my final decision to become a labor and delivery nurse. At the end of my senior year I sta rted my prerequisite classes at Butler Tech to prepare for the LPN program that I would ultimately begin in January 2011. LPN school was extremely intense from the very beginning and at times I was ready to give up. Although it was very difficult, I learned that through hard work, diligence and sometimes tears, I can accomplish more than I ever thought practicable of myself.Even though becoming an LPN was just a stepping quarry to achieving my ultimate goal, I knew it was what I needed to do. I have enjoyed on the job(p) as an LPN and I will continue to use my skills and familiarity to work towards becoming a labor and delivery nurse one day. Overall, there have been many events in my life that are very special to me and will forever be a part of who I am today. I believe making the choice to take part in a parenting class back in high school is one of the major events in my life and is the reason I am where I am today. Looking back, I realized how important this class reall y was to me and the significance it had on my life. Taking this class was a main factor of why I became a nurse and I may not be where I am today if I had not taken part in it. I am very acceptable I took the class, and I will never forget the impact it had on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment